Andaman Government Ferry Advance Reservation & Ticket Booking
GOVERNMENT FERRIES IN THE ANDAMAN ISLANDS
The Directorate of Shipping Services, A & N Administration operates regular ferry services from Marine Jetty / Phoenix Bay Jetty, Port Blair in the inter-island and foreshore sectors connecting all populated islands / tourist places. The Directorate also operates vehicle ferries and harbour ferries to important locations. Tickets are issued through the ‘STARS’ (Ship Ticket Advance Reservation System) (powered by CRIS, NIC) counters located at Phoenix Bay Jetty, managed by the Directorate of Shipping Services. Tickets can also be booked from e-Dweep Kendra’s or Common Service Centers (CSC’s). Govt Ferry is the oldest and long-standing player when it comes to connectivity among various islands. It is by far the strongest ferry that runs from Port Blair to Swaraj Dweep (Havelock) and Shaheed Dweep (Neil Island). Govt. ferries also ply to far flung islands like Baratang, Rangat, Mayabunder, Diglipur, Long Island, Strait Island, Little Andamans and also to the other vastly far flung islands of Nicobar & Campbell Bay. We suggest guests to avail one side Government ferry just for its experience. Though the seating is not as good as cruise, however, the view from the deck is just amazing. Get a chance to go to the deck and see the vast open sea. Chance to go to the captains corner. Government ferry has been the most punctual when it comes to timing and services. For Photographers the evening ferry at 4:30 PM from Havelock should be availed. On your way, you can get candid shots of the sunset. The sunset happens early at the islands by 5:30 PM usually. Mostly, govt. sector officials / govt. servants on duty tend to book govt. ferry tickets in the component of claim / reimbursement against LTC / LTA or LFC or for any other concessional travel. For the sake of which, a copy of the ticket to the shortest distance covered from their hometown to any directly connected island one way is given for the component of claims / reimbursements.
Government ferry is very hard to book and has huge demand and the tickets open just 03 days prior to the departure or travel date or sometimes on the same day of sailing. Prior request has to be submitted to us to book the tickets with confirmation. Govt. Ferry / Ships are leaving from Port Blair harbour (also known as Phoenix bay jetty / Marine jetty / DSS Jetty) at 06:00, 11:00 (via Neil Island) and 14:00. Speed boat takes 2.5 Hrs and slow ones 4 Hrs directly to Swaraj Dweep (Havelock).
FOREIGN NATIONALS / NRI’s / NON-INDIAN / OVERSEAS INDIAN CITIZENS
- We will not be able to book govt. ferry for you. You Will be required to physically represent yourself to book government ferry along with the RAP (Restricted Area Permit). We suggest you to book private cruise for your journey as a better option.
- Government Ferry Online Booking Is Not Available. Timings For Travelers Reference. Schedules & timings may change anytime without prior notice. Arrival Times are approximate and may vary.
SCHEDULES, TIMINGS, ROUTE & TARIFFS
|FROM||DEPARTURE TIME||TO||ARRIVAL TIME||CLASS||ADULT PRICE||CHILD PRICE||OPS. WEEKDAYS||DEP. REPORTING POINT|
|Port Blair||06:20||Havelock||08:50||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 100||S M T W Th F Sa||Phoenix Bay / Marine Jetty|
|Havelock||05:00||Port Blair||07:30||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 100||S M T W Th F Sa||Havelock Jetty|
|Port Blair||06:30||Neil||08:40||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 100||S M T W Th F Sa||Phoenix Bay / Marine Jetty|
|Neil||08:45||Port Blair||10:55||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 100||S M T W Th F Sa||Neil Jetty|
|Havelock||10:00||Neil||11:45||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 100||S M T W Th F Sa||Havelock Jetty|
|Neil||08:30||Havelock||10:15||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 100||S M T W Th F Sa||Neil Jetty|
|Port Blair||07:00||Diglipur||18:15||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 105||W Sa||Phoenix Bay / Marine Jetty|
|Diglipur||21:00||Port Blair||08:15||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 105||W Sa||Aerial Bay Jetty, Diglipur|
|Port Blair||06:15||Rangat||15:15||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 105||M W F Sa||Phoenix Bay / Marine Jetty|
|Rangat||06:15||Havelock||11:15||Seat / Deck||₹ 850||₹ 105||S T Th||Rangat Jetty|
|Port Blair||05:00||Baratang||08:30||Seat / Deck||₹ 750||₹ 100||S M T W Th F Sa||Phoenix Bay / Marine Jetty|
|Baratang||15:00||Port Blair||18:30||Seat / Deck||₹ 750||₹ 100||S M T W Th F Sa||Nilambur Jetty, Baratang|
Havelock Island has been renamed as Swaraj Dweep & Neil Island as Shaheed Dweep.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Passenger should carry a valid photo ID Card at the time of check-in.
* Reporting time thirty minutes prior to departure.
* Check-in Counter closes 15 minutes prior to departure.
* Boarding closes 10 minutes prior to departure.
* Correction of name is not permitted in ticket once booked. So please ensure a correct name of each passenger.
- CHILD POLICY
*Child above 2 years is chargeable.
* ₹100 for infant (age 7 days to 2 years) will be levied.
- CANCELLATION POLICY SUBJECT TO CHANGE, AS PER GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS
*36 Hours before departure – NO REFUND
- Please note that we are not responsible for any issues with regard to change in timings from the ferry authorities. We will update you and will make alternative arrangements in such situations.
- We will refund you the ferry ticket’s amount, if not available and will suggest you with a better alternative as well.
Kindly fill in the below form to place an inquiry and ticket reservation order. Kindly check your email, given below, for regular updates regarding your booking progress.